Sabrina

Yes, I'm in law school. No, it's not exactly what's depicted in Legally Blond (as true to life as that movie was). But if you're reading this post, you're either interested in law school yourself, or you're reading this to entertain yourself with accounts of my suffering. And that is perfectly alright with me.

What is law school like? It's a mix of intellectual stimulation and boredom. Oh, and it costs a lot of money (what did you expect me to say? This is, after all, a personal finance blog).

Law school is the right place to be if you're looking to be surrounded by masses of fellow students who are looking to start out in the world with a high level of education, in the hopes that it will lead them to financial stability and hopefully, a career rather than a job. But it's a *huge* sacrifice to make. Most of the law students I know cannot sustain a long-term relationship, their finances, law school, and their sanity, all at the same time. Since, as of right now, my finances are intact, as are all of the aforementioned aspects of my life, I am hoping to be the exception to the rule.

My boyfriend is a 3rd year medical student, and as such, my life is a little more complicated and constrained than that of most law students. But I have to say this, it is all worth it. I have a great boyfriend, and I go to a great school.

The sacrifices I've made are not ones I regret. And though the decision to go to law school is not right for everyone, they are the right thing (for me). At least, for now.

If you're interested in law school, or simply want to know more about how I manage to juggle so many different things, drop me a comment or e-mail me.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment