Sabrina

I had a major trial going on this past week and so I spent more than one night working past 10 p.m. By the time I'd get home, shower and get ready for the next day, packing a lunch was the last thing on my mind.

It sounds like an excuse but it's really not. I just had no time. Every precious second I spent awake I was working and preparing for court. I ate out more than my fair share, and as a result, I've really put a dent in my wallet.

The worse part is, that my work environment makes it difficult to restrict my spending on those occasions when I do have to eat out. The building I work in is a high-rise, yet the only place to eat is this one teeny tiny mom and pop eatery down on the first floor. A small soup and (very small) salad costs nearly $10, which is about twice what I would pay at a larger chain restaurant like Subway. I felt seriously ticked off each time I bought the combo, but really, who can blame the business owner for trying to turn a profit?

Needless to say, if these late nights become more frequent, I'll have to tighten my belt the rest of the month to make sure that I'm not stressing about my spending when I'm forced to dish out for an overpriced grilled cheese sandwich or macaroni soup.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment